Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Web Server Disconnect
Avatar
Clay #1
Member since Jan 2003 · 91 posts · Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Several times I have had the BrowseAmp web server just stop connecting. At first I thought it might be part of the memory leak problems but it has happened again not long after a re-boot. When I stop and restart WinAmp everything is fine again.

I have asked before about using another web server for serving up BrowseAmp pages but I'm afraid I'm not talented enough to do this on my own ... I run Apache along side BrowseAmp and Shoutcast.

Has anyone tried? Henry ... what web server are you running within BrowseAmp?

Thoughts?
This post was edited on 2003-01-27, 21:17 by Unknown user.
Avatar
Saxtus (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 147 posts · Location: Athens, Greece
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Clay on 2003-01-27, 21:16:
Henry ... what web server are you running within BrowseAmp?
I think it is a custom made.
But I can't find sources at the homepage...
Saxtus
Avatar
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The one I use is called  ICS - Internet Component Suite (here)
That has nothing to do with Apache or whatever. You don't need Apache to run BrowseAmp at all!

So I don't have much influence in its behaviour.

Does it just stop updating the index page?
Guest (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
The problem is VERY STRANGE!  I'm working away just fine and all of a sudden I get no response. If I shutdown the browser and restart it I don't even get the login dialog.  Some amount of time later (mostly hours) it all of a sudden comes back and works fine. This only happens from a remote location (across the Internet) but don't blame the Internet because my other web services respond just fine  :huh:

I'm going to try to put a "restart" link on my Apache home page and see if that will restart WinAmp/BrowseAmp and solve the problem the next time I see it. I was just wondering if you have seen anything like it?  It has happened about 3-4 times over the last several months.

No reason to put any time on this since I cannot recreate it.

If I get more information I'll let you know.

Clay

BTW ... All the changes you, and Saxtus, have put in have really made this very functional component ... it was good before but now it is just great :wub:
Avatar
Henry (Administrator) #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'm on this problem!

The effect shows when using W98. After a while the index page is not refreshed any longer. All I get is an error message. After a manual reload everything is fine.

I currently try to modify the response management. I hope that will help... <_<

@Clay: have you tried to download multiple files at the same time?
This post was edited on 2003-01-28, 19:31 by Unknown user.
Avatar
Clay #6
Member since Jan 2003 · 91 posts · Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I haven't tried multiple downloads ... what happens?? Now I'm afraid to try :blink:
Avatar
Henry (Administrator) #7
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
In 50% of my attemps the whole harddisk was formatted....  :-p

No, when I tried it once Winamp was completely frozen so please do NOT try this when you're not at home...
Avatar
Clay #8
Member since Jan 2003 · 91 posts · Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'll be happy with one-at-a-time until you tell me differently.

While your looking into it take a look at how hard it would be to implement a "download selected" button at the bottom of the browser screen to allow multiple selections.
Avatar
Clay #9
Member since Jan 2003 · 91 posts · Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Back to the initial topic ... In the last two days I've had BrowseAmp stop responding again :angry:

Yesterday it was "gone" for about two hours and then came back ... in the meantime I can access other web services running on my machine just not BrowseAmp. Today it stopped about an hour ago and I haven't gotten control back yet. I predict it will start answering in another hour, or so, very strange.

Have you had any other thoughts on this problem? I haven't seen anyone else report the problem.

I still think a way to tell BrowseAmp to use another web server may eliminate ICS as the possible source of the problem ... that's all I can think of  :(

Take care ... I'll be back online in a week. (I might have connectivity where I'm going but I'm not sure)

P.S. Just as I thought ... about an hour later I have full access to BrowseAmp again. :huh:
This post was edited on 2003-02-14, 21:19 by Unknown user.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 190.9 ms (88.1 ms) · 76 database queries in 65.8 ms
Current time: 2018-07-21, 17:23:23 (UTC +00:00)