Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Can ping sites but can't browse the web...
spadekevin #1
Member for 3 months · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Can ping sites but can't browse the web...
Hi,

This might have come up here, but my search is failing me. There are actually dozens of instances of this question being asked at the apple boards but I can't see a working (or consistent) response. These issues are with a 4-5 year old iMac running Lion that otherwise works perfectly. Symptoms arose about a week ago, apparently out of the blue.
Basically:-I can ping sites from terminal and get a hostname back (not a DNS issue)
-I can connect with screen sharing from my MBA-I can connect to my router's web config page-I cannot browse the web (Safari or Firefox) either by URL or IP-I cannot stream movies via air videoI have confirmed that no proxies are set, I've checked the hosts file for unexpected entries, I've put the system in the router's DMZ but nothing has worked. Anyone have any ideas that I could try to attempt to get my normal connectivity back?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.…?f=19&t=117…
2d Motion Graphic

Thanks!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 200 ms (87.4 ms) · 37 database queries in 82.5 ms
Current time: 2018-09-24, 02:03:49 (UTC +00:00)