Forum: General discussion RSS
\"Browse for Folder\" Issue
spadekevin #1
Member for 3 months · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: \"Browse for Folder\" Issue
Hi,

I've got extremely complex application install requirements, and so I use InstallAware v5.3 to "bootstrap" the machine environment (with .NET 2.0 & MSI 3.1) and then launch immediately into a custom installer module. The custom installer modules are included with the InstallAware package as support files. I need to launch the custom code during BOTH installation and removal. Installation is working perfectly - my custom code is launched and (if it proceeds without), the installation is finalized. But during UN-install, I have a weird problem: a "Browse for Folder" pops up immediately before my custom code launches. I can't figure out why this is happening. The custom modules still do launch correctly, so I don't know what the installation package is even trying to browse for.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.installaware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1005
Animated How To Videos

Thanks!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 166.5 ms (83.4 ms) · 37 database queries in 80.6 ms
Current time: 2018-09-24, 01:30:20 (UTC +00:00)