No Playlist or Album Art When Server is running Windows 7
Page:  1  2  next 
MasterBrowser #1
Member since May 2010 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: No Playlist or Album Art When Server is running Windows 7
Hi,

I am having problems with Browseamp - don't get any art work or playlist, etc. when tested with Winamp and Browseamp are installed on Windows Ultimate. Seems to work fine when they are installed on Windows XP. Tried the suggestion, from another thread of deleting paths.ini but Winamp then think it is a fresh install and wants you to choose the skins, etc. I tried disabling the firewall but it did not solve the problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so have you managed to work around it?
pgogborn #2
Member since May 2010 · 5 posts
I have just  had  the same problem with the playlist loop after installing under Ultimate.

I uninstalled Winamp and Browseamp, deleted the Winamp directory and files which were still left.
Installed an older version of Winamp - 5.1 - reinstalled Browseamp and the playlist  worked. I can not remember for sure but I do not think I deleted paths.ini (In the past I  have deleted paths.ini when doing an install under Vista).

Older versions of Winamp available here >
http://www.oldapps.com/winamp.php

I  also  installed  Edcast to stream the audio over the web and I continued to get bad behavior when exiting Winamp until I installed an older version of Edcast which I  got direct from the Edcast site.
MasterBrowser #3
Hi pgogborn,

Thanks for your suggestion and will give it a shot and see. By the way are you using Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
pgogborn #4
32 bit.
MasterBrowser #5
Tried installing version 5.1 upto version 5.13 but did not help - still cannot see playlist or album art.
pgogborn #6
Coincidentally I ran into the problem about  48 hours before you posted - which is why I was looking at this forum and saw your post.

Since my last post I have installed Winamp 5.35 and after deleting paths.ini I can see the playlist (I designed  my own skin and as it is for a cell phone I did not set it up to display artwork).

However, deleting paths.ini in more recent versions of Winamp sends Winamp into a loop when starting it.

Having had more time to look at the problem my guess is that the location of the playlist file is hard coded into Browseamp but later versions of Winamp has changed the default location.

I have not had a chance to try it yet but my guess is the best solution is to modify the paths.ini file so that newer versions of Winamp saves  the playlist file to where Browsamp  expects to find it - the following thread in the Shoutcast forum explains how >
http://forums.shoutcast.com/showthread.php?p=2618436
MasterBrowser #7
Thanks I will try that on another Windows 7 machine. I was anxious to get this media center style machine going and so I took out Windows 7 and put in Xp 64 bit and everything is working fine.

I have another Windows 7 machine I can test this theory on, this weekend, and see if it solves the problem. Will post what I find.
MasterBrowser #8
I tried the option of manually entering the path for the users folder but it did not seem to work. Also tried moving the winamp folder to the root of c: and giving open access to anyone with the same disappointing results
pgogborn #9
I have now  got the latest version of Winamp (5.572) with a paths.ini file running on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Between the asterisks  is my paths.ini file
[Winamp]
inidir={26}\Winamp

m3udir="C:\Program Files\Winamp"

I have also discovered that the default file permissions could be causing a problem when Browseamp is added to Winamp.

I have not tracked down which particular file(s) are causing the problem but when I run Winamp/Browseamp as administrator as far as I can tell everything works as expected.  If I do not run as administrator  playlists do not work as expected and Winamp crashes on exit.
MasterBrowser #10
Hmmmm! I did not have both lines in my paths.ini. I just had the first one. I will try it with both lines and see what happens.

Yes I did notice the crashing of Winamp on exit, but I did see it even when my account was set as the local admin. Incidently I am using 64 bit version.
pgogborn #11
As I did not set up Windows 7 on the machine I am running Winamp/Browseamp on I have not got as strong grip on the process as I would like...

...but I think I am logging on  as administrator. For some reason it   still makes a difference if I go on to run Winamp as administrator by right clicking the .exe or short cut file.

I also created a msu playlist and used it to seed  the winamp.m3u and Winamp.m3u8 files in the "C:\Program Files\Winamp directory before starting Winamp.

In my case Browseamp was definitely responsible for the exit crashing -  before I started using 'run as administrator' I ended  the crashing  by removing the browseamp plugin - perhaps the crash happens because on exit Browseamp tries to write to a file for which it does not have permission.
maximo #12
Member since Aug 2010 · 1 post
Hi,

I resolved the issue (empty playlist) by finding the location of winamp.m3u, winamp.m3u8 and winamp.q1 (which is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp) and making a ntfs link in Winamp installation directory.

Now it works like a charm :)

You can open command line, change directory to your winamp installation and run:
mklink Winamp.m3u C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Winamp.m3u
mklink Winamp.m3u8 C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Winamp.m3u8
mklink Winamp.q1 C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Winamp.q1

(Don't forget to change USERNAME to your actual Windows username :) )
mavas #13
Member since Feb 2003 · 24 posts
^^ I've tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. It keeps saying that i have insufficient privileges (don't know the exact word in English), but when i change the privileges it still isn't working.

I am using W7 64bit, winamp 5.581.
MasterBrowser #14
For Mavas: You need to go to Accessories, right click on the command prompt icon and select Run As Administrator. This will allo you to do the make link lines.
MasterBrowser #15
Has Anyone had any luck with getting the album art to show up.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 195.7 ms (112.5 ms) · 138 database queries in 80.4 ms
Current time: 2018-08-16, 21:38:44 (UTC +00:00)