Playlist empty
Vista Ultimate, Winamp 5.52 and browseamp 3
kaos235 #1
Member since Mar 2008 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Playlist empty
Hi All,

The webinterface never shows a playlist. I can add songs, delete songs and navigate through the songs but the songs are not shown.

I saw a post about a old version that required File Types in the browseamp.ini file and mentioned that other plugin cloud influence browsamp. I deinstalled SShoutcast and an Ajaxplugin but it did not helped.

Does anyone has a Idea?

Thanks, kaos
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
This may be a problem with Vista. Since I do not have a Vista installation I could not test it.
1st: Can you please search your Harddrive where Winamp is installed (eg c:) for a file named "winamp.m3u" and post the path here.

2nd: Please post the content of the paths.ini in the Winamp installation directory.

As a workaround, you can try to delete the paths.ini.
kaos235 #3
Vist does something funny.

When you install the Winamp it tells you that it will be installed in c:\Progran Files\Winamp but when ich look for the dir it is in c:\progamme\winamp. Thats I think because I have a German Vista.

I do not have a winamp.m3u but the paths.ini could found and its content is:

[Winamp]
inidir={26}\Winamp

regards, Alex
kaos235 #4
BTW the workaround works perfectly. I deleted paths.ini now I can see the Playlist in the browser. THX man.

Best regards, Alex
DJBKSA #5
Member since Mar 2010 · 1 post
Hi, I have the same problem, except when I delete paths.ini, Winamp acts as if it's just been installed (Asks what skin to use, file associations etc) and this carries on in an endless loop, so Winamp never actually starts.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) and winamp 5.572
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 167 ms (79.1 ms) · 67 database queries in 68 ms
Current time: 2018-07-21, 17:20:16 (UTC +00:00)