Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Repeat options
Ex0h #1
Member since Aug 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Cracking plugin, loving it - needed a PSP method of controlling Winamp..

First thing I end up doing is my own BA control page to fit the PSP's resolution (will upload sources when complete if anybody is interested.)

BUT: herein lies the problem:
..Repeat All is the favoured option, yet it seems repeat is more of a toggle from track to off..
Any chances Repeat could include all three options ?

Have trawled through your sources as published (nice touch by the way) and it's a boolean.. which explains why ?repeat=all didn't have an effect..
Any chance that can be modified in future releases, unless anybody knows of a method call for this.. ta

Preview of PSP control page if any interest exists:
The author has attached one file to this post:
bapsp.gif 10.6 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
The manual says:

toggles repeat state. Can be off, track or all.

Parameters
none

Example
<a href="index.html?repeat">Repeat</a>

Does that not work?
Ex0h #3
Member since Aug 2006 · 2 posts
Without wishing to seem impolite..
"..Repeat All is the favoured option, yet it seems repeat is more of a toggle from track to off..
Any chances Repeat could include all three options ?"

In case that didn't make it clear - repeat has the following pattern with BrowseAmp:
Repeat Off
<click>
Repeat Track
<click>
Repeat Off
<click>
ad nauseum..

In answering your question; No, ?repeat doesn't work. At least, it doesn't work the way the manual apparently says it does..
When that didn't work to cycle through to repeat all, I even tested with assigned values to it, and used it as a full GET field ( ?repeat=all ).. still no dice, didn't expect there would be, but had to test it. (the assigned value test was before going through sources and seeing that repeat is tracked as a boolean..

As a sidenote, the very fact that repeat is a boolean should have told you that wherever you found the blurb in the manual saying that repeat is a tri-state toggle was either for some other version of BA, or for some other software.
In case you're not aware, a Boolean can only be one of two states; true, or false - which leaves absolutely no provision for a third state to exist.

BrowseAmp 2.10
Winamp       5.09 (Pro)
Henry (Administrator) #4
I am well aware of the fact that a boolean can only have two states unless you get too deep into quantum mechanics... <_<

But there may have been the possibility, that Winamp toggles between these THREE states. I learned right now that this assumption was not true. My fault! Sorry! You feel better now?

Winamp can NOT differ between "repeat track" and "repeat all". It only knows the "repeat track" option. So there is no way to do that with winamp. The QCD Version of Browseamp (QCDBrowseamp) can do that and thats where the wrong manual may come from. Maybe I will correct that some day.

Have fun

Henry
Henry (Administrator) #5
BrowseAmp 3.0 supports three different repeat states as requested.
mstrong #6
Member since Apr 2008 · 1 post
Good Afternoon,
    I've recently begun using Browseamp in a production environment.   I've got Winamp running as a background service playing music out of a server into my phone system for music on hold.  I've had the same issue with the repeat option.  Previously (BA v2.x) the choices were only repeat song and off.  I've recently downloaded and installed v 3.x (most recent) and found that from within the web gui the only two available settings were still (repeat) off and song.
            That being said, I'm able to access the gui of Winamp (even though it's running as a service) and toggle the 'repeat all' setting on winamp itself.  Then when I return to the Browseamp GUI and take a look at the repeat button, there is a picture place holder where the button should be, but as if there is no image associated with that specific setting (button).  I am in the process of testing the repeat-all function, I have to wait for my playlist to cycle through, but I wanted to let you know that there may still be an issue with that particular option/function.
    Aside from that, this little plugin is awesome.  I have to give you props on the time and effort you seem to have put into creating it.  I've even written a review on Winamp.com.
        Thank you,

P.S.  Another little suggestion, adding a 'Ramdomize Playlist' function/option would be handy to have.
        Thanks again!!  :-D
Henry (Administrator) #7
There is a new command called repeatall (see http://www.thasler.org/BrowseAmpGT3/help/help_skins_links2…) that toggles between all three possible states. So this is just a matter of proper skin design/code.

Anyway, I have modified and attached (in a zip file) the index.html just for you. Just unzip to %WINAMPDIR%\plugins\browseamp\exteded and you can toggle between all three states.

I appreciate your review. Thanks!

As of now, my to-do list contains the randomize playlist function.
The author has attached one file to this post:
index.zip 4.3 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 339.3 ms (234.8 ms) · 75 database queries in 126.3 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 02:19:12 (UTC +00:00)