Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
BrowseAmp 2.10 is working w/ Winamp 5.24
nertens #1
Member since Mar 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi guys...

just thought, why not try the latest Winamp build with BrowseAmp and see if it's still not working. And what happend? It works like a charm. No problems at all! I tried it on three different XP machines with all latest patches installed. I simply fresh installed Winamp 5.24 after removing the older version.

So what can I say? Did you guys had success with the 5.24 also?

BrowseAmp is back!  :thumbup:
Keefy #2
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Doesn't work for me, though I never managed to finish the complete cleanout. I'll try again tonight & post back results.
Keefy #3
Member since Mar 2003 · 89 posts
Just tried it. I could not get 5.24 to work, even after a complete clean out. I had to revert to 5.13 in order to make it work. This is on an Windows XP SP2 box.

You can get older versions of winamp at:  http://www.filehippo.com

Are there any plans to update this, or has BrowseAmp effectively been discontinued?
nertens #4
Member since Mar 2006 · 2 posts
If you don't install the media library, browseamp works like it should. Ok, this is not an option for most of you, but I personally don't use the library.
pleasedont #5
Member since Jul 2006 · 3 posts
I'm just chiming in to confirm nertens's comment.

To reiterate, installing WinAmp 5.24 w/o the "media library" allows BrowseAmp 2.10 to work w/o modification. This is the first time I've been able use BrowseAmp since Winamp introduced the incompatibility. W00tz!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 199.3 ms (105.4 ms) · 59 database queries in 102.8 ms
Current time: 2018-12-16, 05:32:45 (UTC +00:00)