Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
BrowseAmp Issues
Virgus #1
Member since Jun 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi everybody,
I am configuring browseamp skins and found some issues I' like to expose to you for suggestion:

The first is the incvol and decvol commands: their behaviour is to raise or lower the volume but at the edge of the range the incvol lowers the volume to zero and decvol rises it to the maximum.
Used this script to avoid this (just pass 'inc' or 'dec' as the function argument):
function IncDecVol(incdec)
 {
if ((<#Volume> < 10)  && (incdec == 'dec')) {RequestPage('?volume=0')};
else if ((incdec =='inc') && (<#Volume> > 90 )) {RequestPage('?volume=100')};
else RequestPage('?' + incdec + 'vol=10');
}
The second thing is the <#CurrentTrackFilename> variable:
When i use it inside javascript all the "/" "\" chars are stripped off! and the path to files are not valid anymore. Has anybody had the same problem?

Third:
How can I save the cache for future uses? I don't like BA to do the cache refresh everytime it startsup (300GB of MP3 on a network drive to be cached is a long job...) but with no cache the "keep playlist alive" does not work! Please give me your advise on this too :-)

Fourth:
I'd like to manage genres and authors in a dynamic way, has anybody created scripts which read dynamically from wa library genres authors and albums lists to display it inside a dropdown menu or the main BA library frame?
Eventually I'd like the option to list just authors and albums instead of every single track...

Thanks for the wonderful tool! Hope it will be improved to its best :-)
Virgus.

Oh I forgot...
Last but not least, I am new to javascript... is there any way to use the include feature and keep all the javascripts in a separate browseamp.js scriptfile? I tried to do it with no success and cannot figure out why it didn't work....
Tom W.M. #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 40 posts · Location: La Crosse, WI, USA
To get the value of <#CurrentTrackFilename>:
var string = unescape("<#CurrentTrackFilename urlencoded=true>");
BrowseAmp lacks a method for real JS-compatible escaping.  I requested it some time ago.

As for externally storing the script, BrowseAmp doesn't parse tags in JavaScript files by default.  Thus, in the previous example, "<#CurrentTrackFilename urlencoded=true>" would not be replaced with the path.  In many other contexts this causes an error.  You can enable parsing of .js files by adding the following line to mime.ini:
js=text/javascript
This post was edited on 2006-06-02, 02:36 by Unknown user.
Virgus #3
Member since Jun 2006 · 2 posts
Many thanks for both hints Tom!  :-D
Any suggestion about the caching problem?

Ciao,
V.
Tom W.M. #4
Member since Feb 2003 · 40 posts · Location: La Crosse, WI, USA
Sorry, no.  My collection is significantly less massive than yours, and I haven't run into the problem.  Henry?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 161.5 ms (72 ms) · 53 database queries in 57.9 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 02:24:06 (UTC +00:00)