Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
split palylists
adicm #1
Member since Apr 2006 · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi everybody.  I just downloaded Browseamp and I think is fantastic.  I was loocking for someting to control QMP form my palm and This  is exactly what I want.  I was trying BTamp, but as I can't get the playlist, well...

Now my question.  As I want to control QMP from my palm, I'm creating a really small skin, is a copy of the default skin, but I change a lot of thinks in order to make it more suitable for the palm, for example, it autorefresh the page only when the song ends, reduce the first playlist, delete some gif's etc.

But my problem is the full playlist.  When I try to open a playlist with 4000 or more songs, It just is to big for my palm T5, so, I was trying to find a way to split the playlist in, said, groups of 100 songs (more adecuate for the palm).  I tryed a lot of things, but just can´t.  Actually I'm trying with javascripts and plain html with no success, and I want to ask if somebody already did something like this.

I'm not so good with java so, maybe ther is a simple solution somewhere, but I don't know if it's possible ifor the pluggin to handle that.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad english...
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Welcome!

Don't worry about bad English. I understood!  ;)

I've been waiting for someone to do that for a long time, but it hasn't happened yet.

What you can do is display a number of songs offset from the current track with the #playlist tag (see help). You would use a length of 100 and change the offset as you go. I'll try to add this to one of my skins soon and pass it on.
adicm #3
Well, I will publish it when I have a beta.... 

Now, about the list.  Is there a way to use a formula in the Lenght field?  As I note, I can only use numbers, and no formulas.   I'm trying to put the result of a script in the field, but I can't figure how to do that...

I'm gonna try two or three ideas, I hope I can have this working soon...
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
I have half of it figured out, but someone better than I will need to answer this for the other half:

Can you nest tags? See "offset=" below...

<#playlist template=templates/playlist_row2.html highlight=templates/playlist_hlrow2.html next=templates/playlist_nextrow2.html offset=#inifile section=List key=Offset default=-5 length=20>
I'm guessing not.  :(
adicm #5
Nop...  I get an error message in german from the server...  I "understand" something about that the value is not an integer....  (I think. My german is as good as my martian... :-p )
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 169.3 ms (68.4 ms) · 58 database queries in 58.3 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:21:29 (UTC +00:00)