Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
help with accessing out of network
guest2 (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
i am trying to set browseramp so i can access my music files from another internet connection.  is this possible?  i have a router and both my desktop computer running winamp and laptop connect via wireless connection to the router.

i changed the port number and opened this port number on my router... i.e. port x is forwarded to the ip address of my desktop.  when i type http://[ip]:[port] into my browser, it doesnt work.

however, if on my laptop i type in http://192.168.101:port, it works.  but of course, this doesnt work from a different internet connection.

any suggestions?

thanks
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Welcome!

Browseamp only controls Winamp.
guest2 (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Quote by Azimuth on 2006-02-11, 02:10:
Welcome!

Browseamp only controls Winamp.

ok, so i cannot control winamp using browseramp when i am away from home?
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
No, you can control it, but you would need to use ShoutCast or something else to stream the music over the internet.

If you are browsing to your external IP address, your router may be stopping the traffic from going out and back in (I have heard from people who have routers that don't allow this). You could also be running into your firewall (if you have one).
DigitalMatrixIO #5
Member since Apr 2005 · 11 posts
If you need to access your browseamp site from a different network and you are behind a NAT firewall such as Residential gateway like a Linksys router you need to enable port forwarding on that router. You need to log into your router and go into the panel for port forwarding (linksys calls it "applications and gaming" then just put in  your start and end port (default would be 80, or whatever you set it to withink browseamp) protocol is TCP and then put the IP address of the computer on your network running browseamp.
Guest_Nick (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
You need to access it using your public IP Address. i.e. http://[public ip]:[port]/ if you don't know what your public ip is go here.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 165.3 ms (62.9 ms) · 54 database queries in 52.4 ms
Current time: 2018-07-16, 06:42:53 (UTC +00:00)