Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Browseamp login on loads of sites?
Zero5 #1
Member since Jan 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I've found that after installing Browseamp I can't visit alot of sites withough a login window for broeseamp popping up. To get past it i either have to enter in my login for the program or press cancel. Is there a way to stop this happening as I really like this plugin. It happens on both explorer and firefox. Cheers.
This post was edited on 2006-01-10, 14:20 by Unknown user.
Saxtus (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 147 posts · Location: Athens, Greece
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Probably you are using an ad-blocking solution that has changed your windows "hosts" file to point the banner urls, back to your computer (127.0.0.1 - localhost). Now everytime that a banner must be displayed, your browser tries to find it at your browseamp server.

If this is the case I have two solutions for you:
[list]
[*]Use another ad-blocking solution and clean your hosts file.
[*]Change your browseamp server port to something other than 80.
[/list]If you do the last one, I suggest you to install a free dummy server solution, that will serve the localhost:80 requests, then your browsing to the web will be faster.
Saxtus
Zero5 #3
Member since Jan 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks alot for that, its working fine now :) Best thing ever this is; wireless headphones + pda = easy listening and full control all over the house.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 186.5 ms (90.9 ms) · 48 database queries in 78.2 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 19:35:39 (UTC +00:00)