Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
100% CPU when starting Winamp
LouCypher (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,
I installed Browsamp and the installation works fine. But when i now start Winamp 5.112 the CPU goes up to 100% and i have to kill the task with the taskmanager.

What can i do to get browseamp working?

thanks for your help

LouCypher
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
BrowseAmp scans your music files in an idle task which causes 100% CPU load. That is a normal function an you should be able to use your computer as usual 'cause it is an idle thread.
Guest (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
I am getting a simliar error except its when I start a game and I'm controlling it from my laptop.  Winamp goes to 100% CPU and basically locks my game up so it isnt using idle CPU time.  I end the winamp.exe process then rundll32.exe goes to 100% and it takes me a couple tries to end that.
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Disable caching. Go to the BrowseAmp configuration window (STRG-P -> plug-ins -> general) and enter '0' in the file caching field on the 'general' page.
Guest (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
That doesn't fix it.  It just causes the hangup to happen differently.  When I disable file caching winamp will still take up all the CPU time and when I end the process for it now it just cancels it for good.  But after that if I try to use any program that individual program will take up 100% of the CPU until I end it and it continues this way until explorer dies and I am unable to recover after that.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 162.7 ms (59.8 ms) · 48 database queries in 51.4 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 02:22:47 (UTC +00:00)