Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Winamp crashes
ozstriker (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Ok, this program is great, however I am having a small problem with it. When it is installed, everything works fine when I am controlling Winamp over the network, but if I select songs in winamp when I am on the main PC (the one running Winamp) then it comes up with an error saying "Winamp has encountered an error and needs to close , do you want to send an error report"
Strangely enough, this only happens when I select a single song, if I start playing an album by clicking on the album in the media library, then it is fine. Help appreciated.
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Are you using a different skin for Winamp besides the standard one? There are one or two that have been found to cause problems with BA.
Guest (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Im using the modern skin, with one of the included colour schemes, in dock toolbar mode.
Azimuth #4
This happens when you select (play) a song from the current playlist or add a song to the playlist?
jman (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'm having sort of the same problem.

After adding a new track to the playlist through BA, winamp crashes and the error message "Winamp has encountered an error and needs to close , do you want to send an error report" is displayed, like described by ozstriker. The difference between my problem and ozstrikers is that I add the track through browseamp and not through winamp on the server.

I'm using BA v. 2.10 and WinAmp v 5.111 (had the same problem with WinAmp v.5.11). I've tried both classic and modern skin to to rule out that this might be the problem here.

Has anyone figured out solution to this problem? Should I maybe be using an older version of winamp?
Mike (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
I just deleted all the songs from my browser on the winamp playlist, and because of that, i can no longer get into winamp, i have tried removing the software and winamp is still crashing...help me please
Azimuth #7
I don't see anything like this. I just cleared my playlist and added/deleted  some tracks with no Winamp crash.  :huh:

Clearing the playlist did generate a Winamp error of, "Access violation at address 10771AC4 in module 'gen_ml.dll'. Read of address 00000000."

Using XP latest Winamp, standard modern skin, and BA 2.10 with eXtended skin.
This post was edited on 2005-11-20, 15:24 by Unknown user.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 166 ms (78.9 ms) · 55 database queries in 67.4 ms
Current time: 2018-12-14, 21:20:02 (UTC +00:00)