Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
BrowseAmp API
Andy (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Is there any kind of accessible API to BrowseAmp so that we can write stand alone controllers and make javascript or SOAP calls to the BrowseAmp server?
Tom W.M. #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 40 posts · Location: La Crosse, WI, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
What you see in the BrowseAmp manual is what you get. You can GET or POST the "hyperlink commands" to BrowseAmp with XMLHttpRequest, and get the information you need from templates, as I do in my skin.  If you want to use XML the only real problem is that there is no way to properly escape strings (author name, title, etc.) in XML attribute nodes--you'll have to use CDATA nodes.
Andy (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thanks Tom. For the record, I'm playing around with making Flash and Konfabulator controllers. I've got a lot of the Konfabulator one working although it's a horrible memory hog as I'm not doing any kind of garbage collection yet, XMLHttpRequest could prove a good system if it's supported by Konfabulator. I'll report back if I produce anything useful. Cheers.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 173 ms (79.8 ms) · 41 database queries in 77.4 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 09:12:05 (UTC +00:00)