Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
better random song generator
the seed is always the same!
K. Woodward (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Unless I've missed something (which is fully possible) or my version is old, it looks like the plugin uses a constant random seed for the random song generator (on keepplaylistalive). This means that once it enters random mode, it's playing the same d██n list of songs! Egad!

Not that I should complain, on all other fronts this thing rocks out core. But it would make me immensely happy to be able to create a new "random" playlist without adding/deleting files from my music directory...

Or am I just being n00by?
AndyZ #2
Member since Sep 2005 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I agree, the random feature of "keep playlist alive" is awesome - WinAmp really should have included that function!  It would be nice to have the ability to randomize within specified folders as well as globally.  I have a lot of music from other folks in my family that I don't necessarily want to hear in random mode.

AndyZ
This post was edited on 2005-09-17, 21:44 by Unknown user.
AndyZ #3
Member since Sep 2005 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I've been noticing the same behavior - the random list always seems to be the same or close to it.  Henry, is there some way to reset the random seed, or can you put this on the list for the next update?

It's a shame because in my opinion, the random feature is the best thing in BrowseAmp.

By the way, I checked out lots of similar plugins and BrowseAmp is the best!

Andy
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 199.8 ms (81.6 ms) · 44 database queries in 76.2 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:14:15 (UTC +00:00)