Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
adding random tracks not so random
chadd (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi, let me first start by saying that BrowseAmp is great!  Keep up the good work!

Occasionally I've noticed that the 'keep-playlist-alive' and add random track functions sometimes start repeating the same sequence of 'random' songs.  I'll have 'keep-playlist-alive' and 'remove-played-tracks' selected, and sometimes (for whatever reason) it chooses a song that has already been played recently.  From that point forward, the 'random' songs that get added are exactly the same songs, and in the same sequence, as before. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there any way to make the add random tracks more 'random'?

Thanks!
Kamiel (Guest) #2
No profile available.
Link to this post
Yes,

I have also noticed this. We have about 6000 different MP3's on our machine and the chance of getting the same song should be pretty small. But it this happens to often for it to be a coincidence. I only once noticed a complete sequence being repeated all over and this was just after a browseamp crash.
chaddjhu #3
Member since Aug 2004 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by Kamiel on 2005-08-20, 15:56:
I have also noticed this. We have about 6000 different MP3's on our machine and the chance of getting the same song should be pretty small. But it this happens to often for it to be a coincidence. I only once noticed a complete sequence being repeated all over and this was just after a browseamp crash.
The machine I have running BrowseAmp periodically crashes for no apparent reason (not BrowseAmp related).  Whenever I restart and begin adding random tracks again, it seems to go back a few songs (and sometimes dozens of songs) in the sequence of random songs that had been playing before the crash.  The same sequence of songs is added to the playlist by 'Keep playlist alive' or 'Add random track', so I have to add them all and remove them before finally getting past the song that had been playing when the computer crashed.  Is there any way to make the random number more random?  As it is, it appears to picking up a seed value that had been used previously, and the numbers generated after that are 'random' but follow a well-defined sequence that ends up causing the same set of songs to be played again.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 158 ms (67.6 ms) · 41 database queries in 61.6 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 09:29:32 (UTC +00:00)