Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'd really like support for the commands in the Playlist window's sort menu:

• Sort list by title
  • Sort list by filename
  • Sort list by path and filename
  • Reverse list
  • Randomize list

Perhaps dosort=(title|filename|pathfilename|reverse|randomize)?

Please don't make me implement these in JavaScript...

I'd also like a way to easily reorder the playlist, in a custom way.  Perhaps setplorder=[song ID],[song ID],[song ID]... and so on.  It would just be a comma-separated (semicolons are good, too) list of the IDs of every song in the playlist.  This would make manipulating the playlist in an interactive way (e.g., drag-and-drop) much easier.  Without this, doing drag-and-drop is just a nightmare (I'd have to systematically abuse the insert command--imagine removing every track in the playlist, except for the currently playing one [to not interrupt play], then inserting the entire playlist in the new order, then moving down the current track until it is in its correct position--all in one POST.  Don't make me do it.  Please.).
Tom W.M. #2
Member since Feb 2003 · 40 posts · Location: La Crosse, WI, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Oh, and another though: it would be nice to be able to change the path (and filename) of a playlist entry (like in the manual editing dialog of Winamp, which will be hard for me to implement without this feature) via querystring.  For instance, 5470068F1_setpath=V%3A%5CMusic%5CAmerican%20Pie.mp3

The syntax was meant to imitate that of the arguments for changing inifile settings, but it's not really important.  It can be broken apart--whatever.

Thanks,
Tom W.M.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 165.1 ms (72.6 ms) · 42 database queries in 64.4 ms
Current time: 2018-12-12, 09:52:17 (UTC +00:00)