Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
upload
Säomän (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
hi there and thanks for that great soft !

just one thing i did not find is how to upload files ?  :blink:

thanks in advance  ^___^
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Check the online help under Security or User Management.

From a post I just searched for in the forum...

Use the eXteded skin and open the 'Browser' page. Scroll down [to the end], choose a file with 'Browse...' and hit the 'upload' button. Thats it. Your file will be saved in the current browser directory.
This post was edited on 2005-06-27, 23:37 by Unknown user.
Säomän (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
thanks for the reply, we did find it but there's a bug with the "frame" (sorry for the bad english we're french) ,it always go up so we can't get the upload button although we can see it quickly! (1280*1024)

So we try other skins ... but the upload button desesperatly miss  :whistling:

keep on the good work! we love your stuff !
Azimuth #4
More info please! It does not do that on my system.
mice69 #5
Member since Jun 2005 · 1 post
Hi,

We are running on XP pro Sp2. we have 5 diferent computers in 3 different place in the city, so we have a bunch of different video cards and screen resolution. When we want to reach the upload feature, wich is at the very bottom of the page, the place in UNREACHABLE cause the page always goes up and refuses to stay normally at the bottom. So we cannot just reach the place !!

And when we had the idea to get other skins, we turned mad discovering that this upload feature - as many others - is simply missing !!! It's a mess for such a great software !!

Note that of course we were correctly logged as admin into the option of the program, before trying the skins and the rest . Another thing to remark is that if you have no more than 2 or 3 folders into this page, then it's ok. So it seems to be a problem of frame. If you have 7 folders to screen, the page refuses to stay at the bottom.

Thanks for you attention and again : congratulations for this incredible remote control pannel !!!

Mice69
Azimuth #6
Ah! I think I can see the problem...

Do you have a lot of songs, therefore, the file browser pane takes a long time to load and seems to constantly scroll?

If so, maybe the best way to fix this is to change the skin on your server and put the Upload code at the top.
Henry (Administrator) #7
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Please note that most skins are created by browseamp users and therefore not every single Browseamp feature is supported by these skins. I recommend the eXtended skin 'cause it is my demo skin that uses most of the features. But I'd like to encourage you to modify any skin at your needs. Let us see the results. HTML is not too difficult...  ;)
Guest (Guest) #8
No profile available.
Link to this post
Ok that's exactly what i did :) modify an existant skin !!!
for sure html is not so difficult but it took me about 6 hours just to try to understand how i could move the "upload" button to another skin ... cause am a noob hey !!! musician not programmer!  ;) ... so i looked up for the features in front page and ......... there IS an UPLOAD BUTTON LOL!!

it works perfectly now !

Thanks for your answers and ... hum .. maybe i'll ask you sometimes for some upgrades  :whistling:
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 202.7 ms (102.3 ms) · 65 database queries in 86.8 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 05:48:56 (UTC +00:00)