Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Can't Find Anything In Search
problems with caching
DrChubby (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'm having some problems with searching that I can't figure out.  I run a search and NO files are returned.  None at all.  I've run file caching and it has 13600 files in there and if I use the browser, I can see the files...

I have tried to cache several times and i can't find any reason for this kind of behaviour...

has anyone experienced something similar?
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Is this a playlist or Media Library search?

I recall having issues with playlist searches not returning files I knew were there.
DrChubby (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
It's with the media library search...Click on the "browser" link and nothing ever shows up in the search....you can browse through each folder just fine but it never returns any files when you do a search.

Playlist search is fine
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
It sounds like you need to add the songs to the Media Library in Winamp.
DrChubby (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
No, that didn't work.  I added all the files to my winamp library and still no joy on the search.

The files are on a network drive with a mapping to a drive letter.  Is there any issue with shared files residing on another machine?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 207.7 ms (90.4 ms) · 48 database queries in 81.2 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 02:20:10 (UTC +00:00)