Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Which ID3 versions are supported?
zigguratt #1
Member since May 2005 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi all,

I checked the FAQ, searched the forum, and scoured the help pages, but can find no reference to which ID3 versions are supported by BrowseAMP. Does anyone know? Henry, perhaps? :)

Thanks,
Dan
This post was edited on 2005-06-06, 00:55 by Unknown user.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
What BrowseAmp tag/function/etc. do you mean?
zigguratt #3
Member since May 2005 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Well first, what versions of the ID3 standard does BrowseAMP support? Version 1 (1.1?), yes, but what about 2? And if so, is it 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4? I need some of the information from at least 2.3, such as the involved persons frames. I'd also like access to the lyrics from version 2.

If you're using id3lib then it supports up to (I believe) v2.3. If that's the case, does BrowseAMP expose any of these tags?

Thanks,
Dan
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
BrowseAmp does - unfortunately - not use ID3LIB. I have tried to include this library before but didn't get it to work with a Winamp plugin. So I gave up that idea.
You can only get some information from the media library.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 154.4 ms (63.4 ms) · 53 database queries in 57.5 ms
Current time: 2018-02-21, 13:09:25 (UTC +00:00)