Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Random Songs - (Keep Playlist alive)
Diamond-Dog #1
Member since May 2005 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I have a possible request for the 'keep playlist alive' - random song pick feature.

Could we  somehow/somewhere specify WHICH folders we want it to pick random songs from and what folders not to play from unless specifically requested?

For my instance, there are certain rap songs I have under the home folder, but I would not like them played UNLESS requested...I'm aware I could put them in a different folder above the home folder to decide when to play them manually, but is there a way to get it to ignore certain folders under the home directory? / Ie: not pick from them when it looks to randomly pick a song?

I hope I explained this request okay.  Any questions, just ask.  Thanks a whole lot, I love this program!!!  B)
Diamond-Dog #2
Oh, by the way, the rap songs I'm talking about are in a sub folder...I'd like to remove the whole folder from the random selection...

Thanks again.
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Apart from the fact that I'm not a rap fan (*gg*) I think that may be possible but not easy to configure and to program. Someone (me...) had to change the random selection code and I'm pretty busy with other things at the moment. But maybe some day... Thanks for the suggestion! ;)
Diamond-Dog #4
I'm not a programmer but how about this, if it might be possible...just going to layout a chart/possibility, I don't know the terms...

001 User clicks 'add random' (OR) Keep Playlist alive 'adds random'
|
002 Script executes to generate/return a random $Song
|
003 If 'zx' = true (Script checks for presence of definable set of characters using wildcards before/after? (for my instance I'd pick 'zx') in file name or file location (whatever works) {This would be changeable in browser amp settings or an ini?})
Then $Song = '' *Could put 'blocked' or something if needed instead of null. (This part clears the $Song picked if it matched the blocked characters)
|
004 If $Song = '' Goto 002 *Could put 'blocked' or something if needed instead of null. (If the song was removed there would be no song defined and it would return to pick another?)
|
005 Song goes onto playlist if it clears these checks

This check would ONLY be activated with the random feature...not the select song feature.

Ah well, I can dream...it probably doesn't work like that...^_^ ...this would probably take a small bit more cpu power but it would be an amazingly cool feature.

Keep up the good work though, thanks for the response.
Diamond-Dog #5
Oh, and I'm just tossing ideas up, I'm not requesting it right this second, just before I forget what I had in mind, etc. I was posting it while still fresh.  You take care of important things first, life, etc :-p hehe

Have fun, I know I will.  Thanks again for Browseamp
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 195.7 ms (116.5 ms) · 58 database queries in 104.1 ms
Current time: 2018-12-12, 10:19:10 (UTC +00:00)