Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Allow removeplayed and keepplaylistalive settings
eg keepplaylistalive=on&removeplayed=off
Tom W.M. #1
Member since Feb 2003 · 40 posts · Location: La Crosse, WI, USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
It would be very helpful for me to be able to set these settings with radio buttons, like so:
<label><input type="radio" value="on" name="keepplaylistalive" id="kpa_on"> On</label>
<label><input type="radio" value="off" name="keepplaylistalive" id="kpa_off"> Off</label>
I would select the current state with JavaScript, like so:
if ("<#KeepPlaylistAliveStatus>" == "off") {
 document.getElementById("kpa_off").selected = true;
} else {
 document.getElementById("kpa_on").selected = true;
}
The form containing this code would be submitted normally, via POST.

Right now, setting keepplaylistalive or removeplayed to anything (for instance, removeplayed=off) doesn't even toggle the the setting--nothing happens.  This means that these setting can only be toggled via a link, which means that all other changes made to the form (in my case, an "Options" form) are lost.

I propose that these commands accept "off", "on", and "toggle" as values, but maintain their current "toggle" behavior when a value is not specified.

--Tom W.M.
Tom W.M. #2
Correction: in that Javascript example, I should be changing the checked property, not selected (which doesn't exist).
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Can you please explain your problem. You can get the values and set the checkboxes and as you change their value, Browseamp will also set the value correctly. Why would anyone need to toggle that?
This post was edited on 2005-05-30, 20:59 by Unknown user.
Tom W.M. #4
Say that I submited the form above, via GET.

The querystring might look something like the following:
Options.html?removeplayed=off&keepplaylistalive=on
But BrowseAmp, currently (I am using v. 2.10), will not turn off removeplayed, or turn on keepplaylistalive.  Nothing will happen, and what is specified in the preceding querystring will be ignored. But if the querystring is,
Options.html?removeplayed
then removeplayed will be turned off if it is on, and vice-versa.  This just doesn't make sense--one should be able to specify the value.  In my example above, I want to use radio buttons.

I only suggested that, when removeplayed and keepplaylistalive are not set to a value, they should toggle the value because that is how they are presented as functioning in the BrowseAmp manual.  Presumably, they are used like that in skins, so toggling would be a backwards compatability feature.

--Tom W.M.
Henry (Administrator) #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Oh, ok now I know what you mean. I guess it was too late yesterday...
The suggestion does make sense and I hope I can compile an update within the next weeks. Thanks.
Tom W.M. #6
Great!  I'm looking forward to it.  I'll design my skin to work with the update.

Thanks,
--Tom W.M.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 179.7 ms (90.9 ms) · 63 database queries in 77.8 ms
Current time: 2018-12-14, 04:07:51 (UTC +00:00)