Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Greetings and <playlist_songtitle> Question
zigguratt #1
Member since May 2005 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hello all,

This is my first post here so please be gentle with me.

I notice that in addition to the <#playlist_songtitle> tag which displays the artist and song title, there is a <#playlist_artist> tag which simply shows the name of the artist. Where is the corresponding <#playlist_title>? (I know, that's an alias for <#playlist_songtitle>...) I'm well into developing a pure Flash client for BrowseAMP, and have the artist and song title displayed elsewhere. I only need the song title in the playlist. I know I can go and chop off the artist in ActionScript (and I'll be doing that) but it seens there's a missing tag - one that simply returns the song title.

For those interested, here's a screen capture of Glissando:

[Image: http://www.syrinx.net/old/files/glissando.jpg]

Thanks!
Dan
This post was edited on 2005-12-16, 02:26 by Unknown user.
Gortex #2
Member since May 2005 · 10 posts · Location: France
You can use <#medialibrary_title> but you need to use Winamp 5.x and the media library

show the title of a media library entry   

<#medialibrary_title>

Use this in a template for medialibrary. The tag is replaced with the title of an entry.

Parameter
none

Example
<a href="index.html?file=<#medialibrary_filename urlencoded=true>&page=medialibrary" target="_top"><b><#medialibrary_title></b></a>

Even if, chop off the artist with a script is a good solution  :whistling:
zigguratt #3
Thanks for the response, Gortex. When I substitute <#medialibrary_title> for <#playlist_songtitle> I get exactly the same result: "artist - song title". Do you get just the song title?

Dan
Gortex #4
Member since May 2005 · 10 posts · Location: France
You can't subsitute the 2 of them

You need to use <#medialibrary template=filename empty=filename basequery='type==0'> instead of <#playlist template=filename highlight=filename length=# offset=#> and then in  the template html file, you can use <#medialibrary_title>

Even if, <#medialibrary_title> and <#playlist_songtitle> return the same data .... and <#medialibrary_artist> return a empty variable
zigguratt #5
Well then I guess we do need a separate <#playlist_titleonly> or something! :) I've "fixed" it in my code, but I don't like special cases, especially when there really should be a separate tag for that information.

Ah well, I guess that's what the "Features request" forum is for.

Thanks,
Dan
Azimuth #6
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Very nice skin, Dan! Plan on sharing?  :-D
zigguratt #7
Thanks, Azimuth! Glissando is actually a three-year-old Flash application. It started life as a remote client to an XML server I wrote in Java which communicated with Winamp for all its information. Then the people on AVS forum (http://www.avsforum.com/) convinced me to convert it to work with J. River's Media Jukebox (their favourite player at the time). I had to modify a J. River C++ plugin (yuck!) to make this happen.

Some time passed, then I upgraded my Winamp and discovered all this new functionality. I got interested in having Glissando work with Winamp again, and so found BrowseAMP. It wasn't difficult to create an XML BrowseAMP "skin" which provided the information Glissando expected. And it's up and running! But it's not finished yet: I don't have the media browser stuff integrated yet, and there's an issue with retrieving images with foreign characters in the path, but I'm very close now.

Glissando actually has its own extensive skinning system built in. The entire skin is drawn on the fly from an XML file on the client machine which defines absolutely everything about the interface. You can even draw with the XML:
<graphic id="maximizeUp">
    <fill color="0x666666">
        <oval x="10" y="10" width="20" height="20" />
    </fill>
    <fill color="0xFFFFFF">
        <moveto x="10"   y="2.3"  />
        <lineto x="17.8" y="10"   />
        <lineto x="10"   y="17.8" />
        <lineto x="2.3"  y="10"   />
        <lineto x="10"   y="2.3"  />
    </fill>
    <fill color="0x666666">
        <rectangle x="5.5" y="5.5" width="9" height="9" />
    </fill>
    <fill color="0xFFFFFF">
        <rectangle x="8.3" y="8.3" width="3.5" height="3.5" />
    </fill>
</graphic>
It also allows you to define dialog boxes, scrolling lists, etc. Every graphic can be drawn as above, or can be a jpeg image or even another flash animation. Imagine the buttons you could define! :)

Once I get it working I'll put up an announcement on the Skins board. There's still a LOT more I can add now that I'm using Winamp/BrowseAMP.

Dan
Azimuth #8
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
I can't wait to see what you end up with!

Henry should chime in soon about the tag.

Have you ruled out the file being tagged incorrectly? I always assumed that the artist-title thing was my fault.  ;)
Henry (Administrator) #9
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Looks preety nice! I'll think about the song title asap and get back to you soon.
zigguratt #10
Thanks, Henry! I'll look forward to removing the special case code from Glissando. :)

Azimuth: The files are tagged correctly. I double-checked with Winamp and all's well with my ID3 tags. It probably does have something to do with Winamp, actually. If you look at a playlist in Winamp it's always "artist - song title". But I'd definitely rather have both as separate tags.

Dan
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 178.5 ms (89.8 ms) · 85 database queries in 69.3 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 23:30:46 (UTC +00:00)