Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Skins RSS
Listing Items in a Grouped manner
Grouped items
Rikki (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
how do i list the Artists or Albums or Genres in a combo box (without repeating the items)

for example instead of Seeing

Will Smith
Will Smith
Kid Rock
Kid Rock
Kid Rock
Kid Rock

in the combo box i would like to see

Will Smith
Kid Rock

is this possible?

best regards,
Rikki
Gortex #2
Member since May 2005 · 10 posts · Location: France
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I don't understand exactly what you want to do

But if you want to regroup same Artist or Album
I think you can do that with a javascript wich look at variable <#playlist_artist>
Azimuth #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
I think Rikki wants to do the same thing as me, list artists or albums without track names (like an album view).

I have not had a chance to do this yet, but, it should be semi-simple with some JavaScript (logic to check for dup's and a writeln).
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
One would use a string list to check for existing entries and write them to a listbox afterwards.
Gortex #5
Member since May 2005 · 10 posts · Location: France
A piece of Javascript code wich do a list of All "different" Artist in the current playlist

In my head.html page

<script>
var1=0; // counter variable
tab=new Array; // tab
</script>

In playlist_row1.html

<script>
 tab[var1]="<#playlist_artist>";  
   if (tab[var1]!=tab[var1-1])            // compare current playlist read with the last one
     {document.write(tab[var1])};    // if it's not the same ... write the playlist_artist on the page
   var1=var1+1;                               // increment variable to go on the next line of tab
</script>

Result :

Santana
Feist
Emmanuel Santarromana
George Michael
Emir Kusturica & No Smoking Orchestra
jazztronik

:)

Result display is pretty crappy but you can do everything you want with  :-p
This post was edited on 2005-05-20, 21:51 by Unknown user.
Rikki (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thank you very much for your input. the code given by gortex is very helpful as is all your inputs. i am using this to load a list of artiststs into a combo-box for quick selection using the media library module.

unfortunately because i am loading the media library it takes a while to load all the entries from all the tracks(3000+) and then eliminating the repeated values. i wish there was an option from the browseamp media library for listing items in a non-repeated manner. maybe i will just add this to the feature requests.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 174.7 ms (84.2 ms) · 58 database queries in 74.4 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:24:49 (UTC +00:00)