Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Getting specific winamp status items using Browsea
alex (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I have BrowseAmp set up on a desktop plugged into a stereo.  I have a laptop which I use to control it.  I like the browseAmp interface, but what I really need is the ability to send an http request and in return get a specific winamp setting, like current volume. 

I'm trying to completely integrate the winamp interface into the interface on my laptop - I'm using the iTunes plugin for Quicksilver (this is a powerbook) to control Play/Stop/Next Track very elegantly.  Now I'd like something like a 'Volume Up' function, but that really requires reading the volume from browseAmp first, and I don't feel like coding something to sort through the returned html to find it.

Also, I guess it would be nice to be able to get the current song/artist as a string that I could display.

Anybody have a solution for this?
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
How would you like the data to be returned to your laptop?
You can use a single line html page that contains just the volume level information, to retrieve plain text values. Just cut off the html stuff and leave the <#volume> tag in it.
Or am I misinterpreting your question?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 158.6 ms (52.9 ms) · 39 database queries in 48.1 ms
Current time: 2018-07-18, 04:59:12 (UTC +00:00)