Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Access from outside LAN
fnm (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,

I installed Browseamp on my computer and I can access the web interface using my local (internal to router) IP address (typically 192.168.x.x). I know my public IP address but http://ipaddress:portnum/ does not bring up the right page (while http:///internalip:portnum/ does in fact bring it up).

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
You have to configure your router to forward the incoming packets at port xx to the computer with browseamp running. See router manual for port forwarding.
Guest (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Thanks for your reply. I did fwd the ports on my router. Still no go.

Now i'm on a school LAN with my own IP (it's not internal), but i still can't access the page from another computer outside the network (even though the IP is public). I can however, access the page from my own browser and from other computers on my LAN as well.

I don't know why there's no access from outside. :(  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
DigitalMatrixIO #4
Member since Apr 2005 · 11 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
you may have to punch holes in the software firewalls, such as the windows one...
to allow external networks to connect
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 154.1 ms (63.6 ms) · 47 database queries in 55.8 ms
Current time: 2018-07-16, 06:32:26 (UTC +00:00)