Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
gen_brow2 Error 10058 in function TryToSend
KYle (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Anyone know why I'm getting the gen_brow2 error every few seconds? I am using browseamp and am connecting another computer to browseamp by setting it's URL to my active desktop home page.
Layne (Guest) #2
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'm getting the same error. It appears to happen when the browser still thinks there is a song playing when there is not. In other words, if I stop a song directly from Winamp while BrowseAmp is running in a browser, I get the error until such time as I shut down the browser.

I should point out that this does not happen when I use a skin designed by Henry. Therefore I think it is an error in the way my code is written.

Any thoughts Henry?

Please help,

Layne
BrowseAmp Fan (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Can we expected this to be fixed in the future, is there a work around?
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I've just tried this with one of my skins (BATS8), and I see no errors.

Maybe you can share your code for us to look at?

Tony
Layne (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'll be happy to send you my code. It's rather long (267 lines). What is the best way for me to get it to you?

I'm almost sure it has to do with the "ReloadPage" javascript function. But being that I am not a JS expert...who knows.
Azimuth #6
Send it to azimuth2 at earthlink dot net.
Resolved (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
Has this been resolved yet, I am gtting the same error
Sabbath (Guest) #8
No profile available.
Link to this post
Just thought I would add that it only happens when you use skins other than the base skin. I really want to use the Ranger skin but can't because I get this reoccuring error.
Azimuth #9
I found one problem with a file from Layne's skin and he is now checking it out. I'll have to try Ranger.

Tony
VeniVidiVici #10
Member since Mar 2005 · 3 posts
Thanks for the help guys. But the recommended changes did not cure the problem.
I'll keep digging to see if I can determine how (or why) Henry's pages do not generate this error.

Thanks again,
Layne
Azimuth #11
Could you send me the whole skin for testing? If Ranger also does not work for you, I can test that, since I already have it.

Tony
VeniVidiVici #12
I did send you the entire skin.
Perhaps I should explain...
The file I sent is the only one I use because I am running a mini browser within Samurize to control my remote Media Server running WinAmp. The file I sent is in the "Extended" directory. I never saw the need to build an entirely new skin directory.
When I want to do more than the little file allows, I just go to the "Extended" skin and control WinAmp from there.

I did NOT modify the "Extended" skin files in any way...

Does this clarify things a bit more.

If I haven't said it before  (or enough), "Thanks".

I really appreciate your time.

Layne
Azimuth #13
I just tried Ranger and your file without seeing that error.

I assume that getting the error is repeatable on your end (i.e. you can make it happen whenever you want)?

Tony
VeniVidiVici #14
Interesting...

I hate to admit this but I really don't know exactly when the error occurs. Generally I notice the error message after the error has already occurred.
Even though I don't know exactly how to cause the error,  I am relatively certain that the problem lies within the JS code that reloads the BrowseAmp page.
The reason I think this is that most of  the code on my page is borrowed from the "Extended" skin with the exception of the function "ReloadPage" which I got from another page.
The simplest solution should be to use only code borrowed from the "Extended" index.html. We know it works correctly. That does not save me from wanting to get  to the bottom of this though.

I'll keep after it.

Thanks fo everything,
Layne
Azimuth #15
Just to clarify, I pulled up your skin (the version I altered), stopped Winamp directly, and saw no error. Same with Ranger.

Maybe this is one of those things that relates to the Winamp skin, or, another plugin? Try using the defualt skin and no other plugins.

Tony
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 210.4 ms (119.9 ms) · 90 database queries in 98.2 ms
Current time: 2018-12-14, 03:01:06 (UTC +00:00)