Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
viewing cover art
RchZ28 #1
Member since Jan 2005 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'm new to this program and i've tried quite a few things to be able to view the cover art.

Can anyone help me with this, i'd greatly appreciate it.
Azimuth #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Are you asking this for making your own skin, or, for use with an existing skin?

The eXtended skin supports cover art. You tell it your method for storing images on the Options page.
RchZ28 #3
Sorry I should have been more specific. Yes i'm using the eXtend skin and i'm having a hard time getting it to show the album art on it. What settings do i need to change?
Azimuth #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
The main one would be the cover art filename. It will only work if you use the same name for the cover images in each folder (i.e. folder.jpg, albumartsmall.jpg, cover.jpg). Enter what you use.

If you use a different format, let us know.
RchZ28 #5
I tried renaming the files under the 'options' tab to what my cover art is named (folder.jpg) but the art still says unavailable. I have the pictures in the folder where the mp3 is stored.  Is there anything I need to activate?
RchZ28 #6
I got it to work. It appears that the standard mp3 folder needs to be the main folder where your mp3's are stored. (mine is I:\full albums) but i do not have all of my music in this folder, is there any way around that?

thanks for your help !
HypnoToad #7
Member since Jul 2004 · 14 posts · Location: Wales - UK
I've got problems with this to.

I've got a winamp/browseamp based music server in the office and each user has a music folder on their local machine, which is mapped a drive letter on the music server. I've renamed the default image name to folder.jpg to match my album cover image files, but still no joy. Is there a fix for this?

Also does anyone know of a cover art visulisation that I could full screen on the music server's screen?

Cheers,

Dave
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 228.5 ms (98.7 ms) · 69 database queries in 89.2 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 21:21:21 (UTC +00:00)