Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
PHPSkin w/ Playlist and Browser
Mr. DNA (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Has anyone successfully written playlist and browser functionality into the PHPSkin? I don't know much about PHP, but I have a webserver running where users register for an account. Once they register and log-in they should then see the main PHPSkin page.

Basically, I want to run an internet radio station where the users choose the songs. They should be able to add songs to the playlist, and remove songs that they have added.

Also, is there a way to set-up the server so that it's ONLY controllable by my webserver? I don't want people to be able to login to the BrowseAmp webserver itself if they happen to guess the port it's running under. I tried doing this, but if I start using the user management, the PHPSkin stops working.

Oh, by the way, thanks a lot for making such an awesome plugin!
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
If the webserver is on the same machine, check the "allow access only from localhost" option in the browseamp setup.
arch_slayer (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
yep, my entire script is off php. public access at http://archslayer.dyndns.org/pubwinamp
works perfectly (w/ private access at http://archslayer.dyndns.org/winamp)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 157.7 ms (63.1 ms) · 41 database queries in 57.3 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:47:57 (UTC +00:00)