Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
WMP10 Version
?
storm (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Is there a posibility of a wmp10 version been made? ive swithed from winamp to wmp and am missing this plugin :-p
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Short answer: No!

I don't think WMP provides plug-in support (API) such as Winamp does. Please let me know if I'm wrong.
storm (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
well as far as i know it does, theres definitely a plugin for messenger + which i use which displays current song etc.
I also use the inteliremote software which lets me skip track, pause etc via a remote so the API must be there
storm (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
bump :whistling:
Falk (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
WMP10 does provide plug-in support. Take a look at http://www.playerpal.com/ for a WMP pendant to BA.
Azimuth #6
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
That's for WMP9. Not sure if it works with 10. PP also does not include a web server like BA does; you'll need to install and configure one (the latest beta looks to include one, though). There is no way I'll run IIS in my home! ;)

Henry may have reasons for not porting BA to WMP yet. I won't push it because Winamp does enough of what I need (I just wish I could find a volume leveling plugin that worked better).

WMP10 does only use 9M of RAM versus Winamp's 18M (both while playing a song). Very unusual for a MS product to be more efficient! They must be using Windows code that is already in RAM.
storm (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
as far as i can see, it doesnt work with WMP10
Falk (Guest) #8
No profile available.
Link to this post
PP 2.0 Beta brings its own Webserver and works definitely with WMP 10.

One thing I did not like when using this tool was the need of always keeping the Windows Media Player media library up to date instead of simply searching the file system. That was one reason why I switched to BA long time ago.
Ben (Guest) #9
No profile available.
Link to this post
Any more on this? I've just got MCE2005 and would love to be able to play My Music without having the TV on.

Ben.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 154.6 ms (73.2 ms) · 57 database queries in 62.4 ms
Current time: 2018-08-16, 21:38:01 (UTC +00:00)