Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
please help!
rizzaz #1
Member since Dec 2004 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
first off great pluggin : ) deffinitly the best i've found for remote winamp control!

looking for some help with an error i'm encountering

with one instance of winamp and browseamp all is fine

however i'm trying to run two instances of winamp using different sound card outputs and hence two browse-amps on different ports,  this does work well!

however it's a sight pain as everytime you restart you have to reset the port number.. so to get around it i've copied the winamp folder which seems to allow me to have seperate configurations hence no need to keep reseting the port number + sound card outputs..  This also works.. : )

I also want to have winamp start automaticaly on powerup so i put two shortcuts to the two copies of winamp.exe in the startup folder.. now i hit a snag

I get this error:

zugriffsverletzung bei adresse 00EA505B in Modul 'gen_brow2.dll'. Lesen Von Adresse 001DB2B0

which seems to roughly translat to access violation at adresss...  in module...  ...

I've tride every which way of setting things up i can think of i've also tried on several different machines /soundcards.. same problem I've tried setting up two services to run winamp, which would work except the same error....

If i simply close one winamp and restart that seems to solve the problem though not always and after awhile one or both browseamps sometimes stop responding and i need it to just work on start up!

any help much appreciated though i realise what i'm trying to do is a bit odd!
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Ok. I have an idea but please give me some more time to confirm this issue.
Guest (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
thanks for looking into this!  have you had any luck ?

I have been playing with it a bit and found that if i run services using a program called firedemon

www.firedaemon.com/

it seems to help, though i'm not very sure what is doing. it seems to run it's own service as well as the winamp services. the registry entries are basicaly the same as when i setup winamp as a service manually although there are a whole lot of other options there as well in the firedemon version. maybe one of these options is causing helping?

i do have apache running on the machine as well would it make more sense instead of browseamp running it's own server multiple times ( i assume this is whats happening ) to have them simply embeded into apache ? Is this doable and might it help?
shexbeer (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi, i had the same problem and I solved it!

You must change your skin to the standart one. (I had the MMD3 Skin and that was the Problem. All other skins are working)

bye
Henry (Administrator) #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
have you had any luck ?
Not yet. Didn't find any time.
Apache has absolutely nothing to do with BrowseAmp. BA runs its own webserver and cannot use apache at all.
Guest (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi, i had the same problem and I solved it!

thanks for the suggestion, though i don't have any other skins installed just the winamp clasic skin

Apache has absolutely nothing to do with BrowseAmp. BA runs its own webserver and cannot use apache at all.

yeah i figured that browse amp runs it's own server..  it can't be configured to run under apache then. It was just an idea, you don't see it as a problem to run multiple versions of the browse amp webserver then? If not thats cool i just thought it might a possible source of the conflict.

well if you do find time that would be great i'd appreciate it ! It would deffinitly be good if browse amp natively supported multiple winamps instead of me trying to hack it! i'm not sure how big a job that would be though, however i'd find that really valuable!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 157.9 ms (80.9 ms) · 54 database queries in 67.3 ms
Current time: 2018-12-18, 13:40:25 (UTC +00:00)