Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
unique songid, query all artists, albums, ...
Bastian (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi,
for my playlist I need a unique songid which doesn't change when "remove played song" is turned on.
Now if played song is removed the last digit(s) are renumbered :angry:. I think there are needed  for playlistindex...

Currently I check the songtitle and time but  in some cases (see list below) I couldn't determinate if current song is changed and the next thing is that I'm not able to assign a playlistitem to the right checkbox it belongs.

Further, it would be nice if you can list all existent artists, albums, genres ... in library without querying the whole database. :whistling:

idx | title ...................... | songid
> 1Five for Fighting - Superman | 6FF7B27D0
 - 2 |  Five for Fighting - Superman | 6FF7B27D1
 - 3 |  Five for Fighting - Superman | 6FF7B27D2
 - 4 |  Five for Fighting - Superman | 6FF7B27D3
 - 5 |  Five for Fighting - Superman | 6FF7B27D4

Great work Henry  :lol:
THX!
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The songid consists of the CRC32 over the track filename including path and its position in the playlist (songid=CRC32+ListPos, 8 Bytes + n Bytes). The position is needed to differ between tracks existing multiple times in the playlist and can not be removed.
But you could just use the first eight characters for your project.
This post was edited on 2004-11-24, 06:59 by Unknown user.
Bastian (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
Ok now I use the SongID for my Playlist.
Same problem as before.... If same song is more then once in the playlist I can't handle this because first 8 bytes are the same...  :rolleyes:
It doesn't greatly matter but it would be nice if it works  ;)

And what about my second request?

Further, it would be nice if you can list all existent artists, albums, genres ... in library without querying the whole database??!??

For now you can only query a specific artist, album, genre...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 165.3 ms (78.4 ms) · 41 database queries in 71.7 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 23:31:28 (UTC +00:00)