Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Connection Issue
involves a switch...
pi0z #1
Member since Nov 2004 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
So here's the deal, I setup BrowseAmp got it all up and running, tested remote access via my laptop and it worked perfect.  I asked my friend upstairs (I live in a dorm) to check it out and he wasn't able to connect.  I verified this by taking my laptop off my switch and using an available port in my kitchen.

::::Just to verify:::::::::::::::

Working

(server)
[LAN CONNECTION]---[switch]-<
                                                    (laptop)

Not Working

(server)---[LAN CONNECTION]---[switch]---(server)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I've tried other services (ftp, vnc) and they have worked without problems.  I have checked my firewall logs and nothing came up.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.

- pi0z -
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Strange...  :unsure:

But I'm almost sure it has nothing to do with BrowseAmp itself. You should check your network/firewall/router settings again (different subnet, DNS, port forwarding, whatever...).
pi0z #3
Member since Nov 2004 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
I don't really have much control over 'the big network', so I couldn't really mess with portforwarding.  I did however change the port BrowseAmp broadcasts on to '8080' and it worked :).  Strange, but slightly understandable, my IT dept. probably tried to block servers on port 80.  I don't know, I'm not really going to put much thought into it, I'm just glad it works.

- pi0z -
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 215.6 ms (86.7 ms) · 48 database queries in 83.6 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 21:29:58 (UTC +00:00)