Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
FM Radio Control
dhanford #1
Member since Jan 2004 · 8 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Is anyone using BrowseAmp to control a local FM radio tuner?
If so, how?

Oddly enough we now have a good radio station in the local area and I would like to be able to at least select a few preset FM stations through BrowseAMP, or some other web interface if need be.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Are you talking about a tuner card in your PC or a stand alone tuner? Please explain.
dhanford #3
A Tuner card in my PC.  I actualy have a TV tuner that has the FM support.  I can control it via Windows Media Center, buy I want to keep all music controlled under BrowseAmp.
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Have you tried any of these Winamp plugins for FM radio support? Maybe that works with Browseamp.
dhanford #5
There are only 2 of those that really appear to do FM control.  One of them is in what appears to be German hich unfortunately does not help me out.  And the other says it has spyware built into it.

I have contacted the author of the one with spyware to see about getting a stripped down version that doesn't have the entire TV piece, but I haven't heard back.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 172.4 ms (84.2 ms) · 58 database queries in 77.9 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:31:42 (UTC +00:00)