Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
specify allowed filetypes
heygrady (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Browseamp is exactly what I am looking for in a web winamp control except for 1 key feature: the file browser does not allow you to specify what types of files you want to show.

Specifically I want to be able to display .LNK files in the file browser because I make shorcusts to all of my playlists and organize them alphabetically to allow me to quickly browse through many many dozens of albums very quickly.  Problematic of course is that browseamp does not show links in the web interface and I have not found an option that would allow me to show them.

I have been using Wawi (winamp web interface) and it has a much more limited feature set, specifically a complete lack of skinning support, but it does allow you to specify a list of allowed file extensions.  That worked out great for me.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Links are displayed by default. If not maybe you have disabled this feature. Have a look at the browseamp.ini located in your %WINAMP%\plugins\browseamp directory, search for the [files] section an add/modify the enableLink entry as follows:
[Files]
enableLink=1
heygrady (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
This is an odd thig.  The only link (shortcut) that I can see through browseamp is one with the name "bic runga.m3u".  This is, of course, not the actual m3u file but a shortcut link to it that I did not rename.  I usually take the ".m3u" off the names of my shortcuts because it is superfluous.

I am using the most recent version of Browseamp (I downloaded it today) and winamp 5.05.  I am using WinXP sp2.

Am I going to have to rename 300 shourtcuts to include a ".m3u" at the end of the name or am I doing something wrong or is my machine just crazy?

I checked my INI file and saw that the directive you had mentioned was indeed set to 1 so that could not have been the problem.

It would still be nice to be able to specify the file types available for viewing though the file browser.  What if someone wanted to use this to view pictures or text files?

Let me know if you have an further ideas that could help with my problem.
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Ok, now I got it. You have removed the m3u extension from your .lnk files but Browseamp expects a valid extension BEFORE the lnk extension. But it's no problem!
Just add the lnk extension to the browseamp.ini. It should look like:
[Files]
enableLink=1
extensions=lnk
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 188.9 ms (86.9 ms) · 46 database queries in 77.4 ms
Current time: 2018-12-16, 06:25:11 (UTC +00:00)