Forum: General discussion RSS
Cover Art Revisited...
Handy tools and feature request
HypnoToad #1
Member since Jul 2004 · 14 posts · Location: Wales - UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi,

Album Cover Art Downloader is a great tool, but has poor documentation. To get it working you have to sign up to Amazon's web services developer program, which is free. Here's the sign up link to save you the greif of typing it in like I had to :blink:: https://associates.amazon.com/exec/panama/a...0873489-2667844

This generates a folder.jpg file in each music folder (a la WMP9), which appears not to be supported currently in BrowseAmp, and can also embed it in mp3's meta data. It has an automated get all missing images function, which works quite well though after it's completed you'll want to check its picked the right ones. If it hasn't then the right one is usally only a few clicks away. :-D

One question how are cover images curently suported?

Cheers,

David
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Thanks for the information!

BrowseAmp does not support MP3 metadata images. Anything else works fine. The eXteded skin supports a fixed filename loaded from the directory where the current track is located but it is prepared to load a file named <#artist>.jpg from the current track directory. Just uncomment it in index.html and show.html.

I was already working on MP3 tag images but gave it up due to major problems with ID3tag.lib.
HypnoToad #3
Member since Jul 2004 · 14 posts · Location: Wales - UK
Group memberships: Members
Hi Henry,

In the eXtended skin I found skin.ini which has a property "coverfilename" which can be used to set the cover file to look for, which was much eaiser. (Though I also found out where to do it in the code).

For future skin revisions perhaps a javascript function than returns the filename would be a good idea. It could probably even scan through several common possiblies to see if it's present (e.g. folder.jpg, front.jpg, cover.jpg, <ArtistName>.jpg and <AlbumName>.jpg).

Cheers,

David
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 198.5 ms (88.1 ms) · 48 database queries in 74.1 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 21:13:33 (UTC +00:00)