Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Garbled web text in computers
Pages are not appearing properly
Conal Charles (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hi there,

I love the look of BrowseAmp and it looks perfectly wonderful in the server computer a Windows 2000 Professional. But in the Windows XP and Win 98 PCs the text is garbled and sometimes you get HTML code itself in the webpage. The tables get misaligned and it looks very untidy and the list will not scroll beyond a certain point.

Could the proxy server be responsible for badly parsing the code ? We use MailGate. Sometimes operating Winamp from the client computers causes Winamp itself to hang. We are using Winamp 5.01 Lite - though it appears perfectly well in the client computer.

Can you please help - our office loves it ! Could there be a functionality of allowing everyone one song per 'turn' so everyone gets a chance ? Some of our more boisterous employees will lay on a full album of some ear splitting stuff and then its not so nice anymore....

Conal Charles
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Strange! :blink: I suppose there is a problem with your proxy. I have seen this problem with the old BrowseAmp versions (1.xx) but after a complete redesign of the HTTP engine (BA 2.xx) everything seemed ok. Have your tried forwarding BrowseAmp connections directly (Don't know if this can be done with that proxy...)?

I'll keep the "boisterous employees" in mind. Currently I am still working on the media library support. User management is the next (I hope).

Greetings
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 181 ms (93.6 ms) · 39 database queries in 88.1 ms
Current time: 2018-02-21, 12:40:58 (UTC +00:00)