Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Pagination of playlist/search/files
Pagination of playlist/search/files
DarkHalf (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I generally have my entire music collection sitting in my playlist, so i can hit J, and jump to anything that takes my fantasy, straight away. I use browse amp to control winamp from my wireless PDA, which only has 24meg of ram. This means that 8000 song names get thrown at it, and the poor thing runs out of memory trying to render it in opera 6 :-D i was wondering if it would be possible to have the program/skin display say the 5 tracks either side of the current track, and have buttons to skip through pages of 10 or whatever. And the same would be nice of search results/file browsing results.

Thanks v. much in advance!

Doug,
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
This may be a little difficult but I'll think of that. Thanks!
DarkHalf (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
I've just noticed, that with the BrowseAmp plugin loaded, i seem to be doing a lot of spurious network trafic. 300K down, 500K up. Its definatly only when i have browseamp loaded, and it seems to be going over th eloopback inet interface, and onto my NIC's. is this UDP broadcast, multicast or what?
Very very odd.

Doug.
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Whow! :huh:  That is quite a lot .

BrowseAmp does nothing but listen for incoming connections. No backdoors, trojans at all! No connection - no traffic.
How did you measure the traffic?
DarkHalf (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
I was using a program called DU-Meter, measures MAC traffic speeds on all interfaces, and i did a netstat traffic ammount mesaurement to make sure. Having done this, I ran iptraff on one of my linux boxes to see the multicast packets. Perhaps its an issue with my network card or something, ill try it on one of my other windows boxes when I get a moment in the morning, but for now, bed! :)

Doug.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 136 ms (55.2 ms) · 48 database queries in 46.9 ms
Current time: 2018-08-16, 21:43:45 (UTC +00:00)