Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Remote Server-Side Includes?
-Browse Shoutcast from within BrowseAmp?
eracerbit #1
Member since Apr 2004 · 15 posts · Location: FL,US
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'd like to do a modification of the eXtended skin that can show a Shoutcast window in the contentframe.  I've written a small script to change links in SC page to load the PLS in BrowseAmp.  Hwever due to browser security restrictions, a window cannot acces the DOM of another window across domains.

If the server could return a page, other scripts on the same server could access that page.

This could be useful for lots of other stuff too (lyrics, album covers, stream homepages, etc.)

Thanks for all your hard work! BrowseAmp rocks!
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
You mean BrowseAmp should act as a proxy, right? That would be a bit more difficult but I'll try...
eracerbit #3
*nod* - yep, that's the sort of thing i had in mind... I guess i missed the boat on 2.08 but this is something i'd really really like to see :) adding a simple proxy may be easier than you think; check out the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control (MSINET.OCX); this ActiveX control could probably easily be used for that sort of thing, and should be included on any recent machine... another option might be calling GNU wget in quiet mode... what do you think?
<a href="http://www.way2.info" target="_blank">www.way2.info</a> - Find all information here
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Using an ActiveX control may work but I don't know If Winamp will be happy with that. I tried to use the id3lib.dll to read some cover art from the mp3s. The result was that Winamp did not load the plugin at all... So there is some limitation I cannot control.

And I'm also not sure if that is not too far away from the porpose BrowseAmp was made for. Maybe we can find out another way to do that.  I'll think about that...

btw: Have you tried the 'src=' command to load external pages?
eracerbit #5
hmm, weird... I just took a look around and found some examples of AX objects used in Winamp plugins, most notably here.  Could it be that id3lib.dll is already used by Winamp, and it's code not re-entrant (no more than one instance of it would be allowed at the same time in the same process....?) just a wild guess :/

by "'src=' command" you mean the url parameter you are using to point the cover images to the correct path, right?
javascript:window.open('<#inifile section=layout key=coverfilename default=front.jpg>?src=<#playlist_directory urlencoded=1>', ...
like that? does it just work for images, or how does it work?
This post was edited on 2004-05-09, 17:46 by Unknown user.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 177.1 ms (86.8 ms) · 58 database queries in 74.2 ms
Current time: 2018-08-16, 21:35:58 (UTC +00:00)