Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Downloading files from remote computer
Xemred (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
I got browse amp working on my computer and set it up so that users could download my music when tested out on my pc it works but when trying to download from a remote computer right click save all I get is a beep and the save dialogue doesnt pop up. Under user privileges I enabled downloading what could be the problem. Or did I miss something.

Also is there a program to stream music from my pc from remote places? Kind of like browse amp but I could stream music to whatever remote pc I'm using? Is this what shoutcast does?
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
No idea why it does not work for you. I have just tested with Winamp 5, BrowseAmp 2.06 and XPpro. I'll do some more research.

Shoutcast is exactly what you need!
zio (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
hello

have you preview a solution in future to control by browseamp ,shoutcast or all winamp plugins ? it will interesting to put "on" or "stop" shoutcast too , or anything plugin by remote control via browseamp

it s a good job this browseamp !

:smart:
FeL0niOuS.mOnK #4
Member since Mar 2004 · 10 posts · Location: Cincinnati, OH
Group memberships: Members
I think what you're running into here is Windows Media Player 9 (or whatever version) is trying to open the files by default without giving you the option to save directly to where you want it to ...

I don't know how I got this to happen on my computer .. maybe the "set program access and defaults" thing in XP - i hate wmp version *(bloat)* ...

I do know that by reinstalling wmp ( microsoft download center for WMP 9 - XP ) you can solve this, or instead just right click the little download link and choose "save target as" from the popup menu ... this should allow you to download the file exactly as it's named on the host computer , except for the little (1) at the end of the filename just before the extension (.mp3, etc)

hope this helps?
~joe brockhaus
~tH3 FeL0niOuS mOnK
".:: lE3T nINjA bL!nK3r eNabLeD :.."
[img]http://www.uc.edu/~brockhjd/images/joe_cs.png[/img]
Xemred (Guest) #5
No profile available.
Link to this post
I'm using winamp 5, I'll uninstall everything and try to get it working again and test it out on another pc and mess with the settigns. Thanks for your help and program  :-D
Henry (Administrator) #6
@zio
Shoutcast help:
Since version 1.10, SHOUTcast now has administrative features via webpage access per server. To gain access to the Server's adminsitration pages, open up your web browser of choice and in the Address field, type the following, of course with filling in the information that is relevent to you:

http://yourserver:port/admin.cgi?pass=yourpassword
Maybe that is what you are searching for.
zio (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
hello

yes Henry it 's a solution like this, but it seems incomplete in shoutcast administrator page
 because impossible ( if i use it well) to activate by a remote page(and like this by all distant computer):

1- lauch shoutcast server (serv.exe) (it s only possible to kick serv_exe if activate)
2- connect and disconnect source (plugin) (not only the global kick)
3- choice another dsp_dll (like shoutcast  dll)

i don t see in shoutcast control page all this except an radical kick and it s why i search if browseamp could do it better all this or in complemantary with shoutcat page  for a best best control action :-)

thanks for your job and your help on this forum
 :smart:
zio (Guest) #8
No profile available.
Link to this post
one more idea..

in same idea to activate or desactivate shoutcast by remote page ...
maybe a future solution for activate or desactivate winamp by a remote page ?

( page throught browseamp is more interesting that winvnc for example,because like this, it s possible to control by all remote computer all function of winamp and without installing a program)

...and it s why browseamp it s a good job for be a remote controll of winamp and his extension  :-)
Henry (Administrator) #9
What do you mean with deactivate Winamp by a remote page?
You can already lock Winamp so no changes can be applied to the palyer except via BrowseAmp.
zio (Guest) #10
No profile available.
Link to this post
yes yes, it 's finally ok for stop winamp ;-) ,

it' s only for start or restart it  (if i choice shutdown before, i could not restart it by remote control in page admin because if it shutdown i have no control on it (page admin become a page not found in navigator with port close by shutdown).)

and for shoutcast the same thing  for re-start it after a shutdown of him...

in fact, we can stop each of them
 but no restart winamp and shoutcast server (serv_exe)...

- -> ok for stop but not ok for restart winamp + shoutcast !
 :huh:
FeL0niOuS.mOnK #11
Member since Mar 2004 · 10 posts · Location: Cincinnati, OH
Group memberships: Members
I'm having trouble following you at all .. are you german? it sounds like strictly translated german :)
~joe brockhaus
~tH3 FeL0niOuS mOnK
".:: lE3T nINjA bL!nK3r eNabLeD :.."
[img]http://www.uc.edu/~brockhjd/images/joe_cs.png[/img]
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 173.8 ms (84.9 ms) · 70 database queries in 51.5 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:43:57 (UTC +00:00)