Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Auto remove and Keep Alive
jimmyb2 #1
Member since Feb 2004 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Has anyone gotten these 2 features to work? I really love this application but this has had me stymied and frustrated since it came out. Thought Henry's new updtae would fix this.

Henry, if it works for you, please tell me what you are using to get it to work. I have tried IE6., Mozilla, using winamp 2.8 and now 2.9 using windows98 and now xp.

Thanks for otherwise great app.
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Works great for me with all of your options.
FeL0niOuS.mOnK #3
Member since Mar 2004 · 10 posts · Location: Cincinnati, OH
u will know the "keep playlist alive" option is workin if when you are in winamp playlist .. try makeing  "new playlist" (ie - clear the current) ...

there will always be a couple of things in the plalist .. in my case I get 2 because my default dir has just 2 reg mp3 files in it .. and i'm assuming the function doesnt recurse sub-dir's

auto-remove also works for me ... I'm not sure about whether or not the browseAmp page replicates this corretly or not .. i cant get the playlist to work on webpage :-/
~joe brockhaus
~tH3 FeL0niOuS mOnK
".:: lE3T nINjA bL!nK3r eNabLeD :.."
[img]http://www.uc.edu/~brockhjd/images/joe_cs.png[/img]
Henry (Administrator) #4
BrowseAmp manual:
BrowseAmp adds tracks on it's own from the root folder if playlist length is below 2. If the folder contains less than 2 files keep-playlist-alive uses ALL subdirectories to add a random file! Playlists are ignored.
FeL0niOuS.mOnK #5
Member since Mar 2004 · 10 posts · Location: Cincinnati, OH
well i guess maybe i'm just blonde or some s██t .. but mine never looked any farther than the 2 files i had in my root folder ... perhaps thats just coincidence since it keeps 2 songs there, and those were the first ones to be found .. lol :-p
~joe brockhaus
~tH3 FeL0niOuS mOnK
".:: lE3T nINjA bL!nK3r eNabLeD :.."
[img]http://www.uc.edu/~brockhjd/images/joe_cs.png[/img]
jimmyb2 #6
Member since Feb 2004 · 7 posts
Henry - I owe you an apology. After months of not working right .. I fixed it. I had to reload Winamp 2.91 and when I started loading sime plug ins I actually read some of the authors notes. Seems the Nullsoft Crossfading (which states experimental) does "some weird things with the display. Shows songs that are not playing because they are still fading". Well ..... that was my exact problem. Just unloaded the experimental and wala .. works like a champ (both remove and keep alive. Thanks again for a great product.
Henry (Administrator) #7
Oh, thanks. I remember we had that problem before: read this thread
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 163.9 ms (78.6 ms) · 69 database queries in 65.3 ms
Current time: 2018-07-18, 04:54:44 (UTC +00:00)