Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
BrowseAmp and IRC
Jonathan Stott (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Some of you might be interested to know of a new IRC bot called ChoonBot which I am currently developing which uses a combination of Winamp and BrowseAmp to let people on an IRC channel to control the music being played by Winamp.

It's quite cool - we use it a lot in our office here as we all use IRC. I've also implemented a neat way to search and play the tracks in the playlist. It is also possible to allow streaming from Winamp (via Shoutcast, etc.) so that people anywhere could listen to the music.

It's still in it's infancy, but some input from other interested people would be nice!

You can download ChoonBot and the skin that it needs at http://www.jstott.me.uk/choonbot
zalbee (Guest) #2
No profile available.
Link to this post
good idea to join irc and browseamp :-)

i try to test this if i could ..

but in same way , is it possible to implement this solution on an bot Instant Messenger (like trillian) ? it will great to :-))

:smart:
ziva (Guest) #3
No profile available.
Link to this post
??
 i try with 2.05 and 2.06 but no possibility to select skin ( invisible in browseamp selection) and decompressed in directory C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\browseamp\choonbot_skin\choonbot\

it seem your skin. zip have only html pages ( and your pages have directory for pics in a "mygfx"  folder but dont exist this folder with your skin unzipped ...!!

we must have "choombot skin" + "choombot jar" + "java" ?? :unsure: or pircbot jar? and where directory place all this (java??,pircbot??only pircbot. jar maybe !)... if necessary ?????

command to run is an irc command ? to do on a channel in a client like mirc?...

maybe a help page on your site with screen capture for all action to do !!!! ( more easy for non english user ;-))

i wanna try this but i can't do it :-(

maybe you could explain all this better, and how to do a good installation, for non advertised users  :huh:

.... :blink:
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 156.4 ms (76.5 ms) · 37 database queries in 69.1 ms
Current time: 2018-12-18, 12:53:20 (UTC +00:00)