Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Transferring images through HTTP
Denis Gomes Franco (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hello. I'd like to know if there is any way to implement the displaying of cover art over HTTP.
I know BrowseAmp is basically a webserver which can serve files up in the skin's root folder. My MP3 files are stored in a different folder, and I'd like the skin to show the cover art. I managed to make this work on my local Internet Explorer (programmed the skin to load the cover art using file://c:\<song folder>/folder.jpg) but then this won't work over the internet or on my PocketPC. I also managed to make it work using my computer's network name (file:\\<computer's network name>\<song folder>\folder.jpg) but then again this won't work (PPCs natively cannot access networked files through the \\<computer> scheme).
Any other ways to make it happen without having to resort to a real web server?
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Have you tried the eXtended skin? It uses the ?src=<path_to_image> command to load the images right the way you want it.
Azimuth #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
Group memberships: Members
The latest version of TTunes (v1.5) also displays cover art. It looks for "albumartsmall.jpg", but, this can be changed in "ttunes_art.html".
Guest (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
It works! It works! :-D Now I'm all set. Now all I need is to make PocketIE run in fullscreen mode...
Thanks for the quick replies!
FeL0niOuS.mOnK #5
Member since Mar 2004 · 10 posts · Location: Cincinnati, OH
i had a question about the extended skin ... well ... maybe not the extended skin .. but .. eh whatever .. I'm thinking of implementing some way to use a sql db or just txt or somethin  to have browseAmp remember which cover art images go with which songs

... for instance ... if you have a misc. folder with a bunch of stuff in it .. when you play that song and view the webpage you don't want to see just the one image in that dir that matches the image name given in the options ..

if in the options dialogue the filename of the cover art was saved  with relation to the song / album that'd be leetsauce :P

maybe i'll try and nake that options dialogue an iframe with a php or .NET page ... or perhaps the method for storing images in the ID3v2 tags as mentioned in some other post .. at least i think i read that somewhere ... ?? ... if I hadn't .. that sounds like a good idea :P

it's relly too late for me to be thinking cognitively ... sleep == gooood
~joe brockhaus
~tH3 FeL0niOuS mOnK
".:: lE3T nINjA bL!nK3r eNabLeD :.."
[img]http://www.uc.edu/~brockhjd/images/joe_cs.png[/img]
Azimuth #6
Member since Jan 2003 · 427 posts · Location: Chicago, Illinois - USA
I gave something like that a bit of thought, and, ended up just creating folder structures (i.e. artist/album/song).  :blink:
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 141.3 ms (57.1 ms) · 58 database queries in 44.3 ms
Current time: 2018-08-19, 11:42:01 (UTC +00:00)