Forum: General discussion RSS
BrowseAmp access from GPRS mobile Phones
WML pages
Richard Thompson #1
Member since Jan 2004 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Henry,

Thanks for this great plugin. I have one question.

I want to write a WML file that can allow me to put the play pause next prev buttonson a mobile phone.

I have written a wml page and placed it in the same directory as the index.html page but the server will not serve it. Can the server be modified to acheive this ? I will make the page available if it can be made to work.

Cheers

Richard
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Good question! But I don't know the answer... I haven't tried this yet but I'll do some investigation.
Has anyone else tried this?
Richard Thompson #3
The plan here is to use a mobile phone as a remote control without having to spend £££ on an WiFi PDA. Once I can solve this basic problem I will add other functions.

Cheers

Richard
Henry (Administrator) #4
What mobile do you have?

Is there a wap emulator software so I can test the wap functionality WITHOUT spending money for the GPRS connection?
Richard Thompson #5
Hi Henry,

The best emulator that I use for WML coding is the Openwave SDK 5.1. I can mail you the app as it doesn't seem to be available on the Openwave web site any more. It's 16mb thought. Give me an address otherwise I will use [email protected]

(www.openwave.com).

This SDK allows you to create WML pages and it will check the syntax for you plus it has phone emulators. In my experience if this SDK parses a WML page as ok, most Mobile Operators will deliver the pages to a phone. Most phones have seem Openwave browsers or near equivalents.

A freind and I have acheived similar functionality by using an HTTP object that calls the functions on my index.htm on my web server.

However if the browsamp server can directly serve a WML page then this will not be needed....if you get my drift..

Come back to me on this as most people think that this incredably cool.....to be able to control the "in home music" from the most basic mobile phones.

Cheers

Richard
Henry (Administrator) #6
Thanks for the info.
I have tried Deck-it previewer to test the WML pages but this tool is still buggy so it would be great if you email the Openwave SDK to [email protected]
Greg B #7
Here's a link to the software if anyone needs it!
http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 192.1 ms (90.5 ms) · 69 database queries in 73.8 ms
Current time: 2018-07-22, 18:45:25 (UTC +00:00)