Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
I think I am stupid...
rmoody #1
Member since Jan 2004 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
For some reason, I thought I could use BrowseAmp to control playback of my music on my "main" system with my Klipsch speakers from my laptop.  Like I could be lounging in the sofa and play something and have it come through my good speakers instead of the laptop speakers.  I guess I was wrong, unless I don't have something right.  If BrowseAmp cannot do this, is there something that can?  Thank you.
rmoody #2
Member since Jan 2004 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Well, I AM stupid, or something.  I swear that yesterday I used my laptop to connect and play some tracks and it came out of my laptop's speakers.  Well, I just tried it on my third system and it came out of the "servers" speakers.  I have no idea what happened.  Cosmic radiation I guess.
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Well... I don't think it was cosmic radiation. Maybe your server speaker sound like laptop speakers... :-p

Or maybe you have Shoutcast installed. It's for streaming music to a client as you said.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 326.4 ms (230 ms) · 48 database queries in 153.5 ms
Current time: 2018-12-12, 19:22:43 (UTC +00:00)