Forum: Features request RSS
Search is SLOOOWW
Search is slow
Brandon (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Hello,

Great add on for winamp. I love it

As a whole it's one of the best plugins i've seen for winamp. but the thing that seems to be the weirdest to me is the search speed.

It's is deathly slow. It's fast when the files are local. But when they are remote it takes forever for it to cache and search. Why not have an option to have browseamp read from the cache only. I don't get new songs everyday so i have the timer currently set for 1 day. And I have mp3's spread over 3 computers on the network.
Using the plugin "WWWinamp" (similar to browseamp) it caches and then the search is very quick. Using the same files. It even cached quicker. Sadly it doesen't have near as many features as browseamp so i don't know. I have a PC that is a media pc, and at parties anyone can add songs. But I want people to be able to search all our computers without having to wait 15 minutes for their query to come back. So I don't know what browseamp is doing differently. Because it does cache but caching doesen't seem to speed it up any.

-Brandon
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
For me caching and searching is really fast even on (100MBit/s) network but I'll do some harder benchmarking to find some shortcuts.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 155.8 ms (66.1 ms) · 39 database queries in 62.2 ms
Current time: 2018-02-24, 12:16:33 (UTC +00:00)