Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Lower Caching Priority
Lower Caching Priority
Activitie (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Would it be possible to give the caching feature a lower priority? I notice that whenever BrowseAmp goes though it's caching routine it maxes the processor out at 100%. Yes I know that I can up the intervals at which it does the caching, but I still think that since it is a background service it shouldn't need to take such a high priority or impact the processor that much. It probably is negligble for users with few songs, but when you have 3000+ songs it maxes the processor for a good ammount of time.
Anyway, this is merely a suggestion, do with it what you will.

- Activitie
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The cache Thread runs at idle priority! There is nothing minor...
It takes the whole CPU time while no other thread needs the cpu. But whenever an other application with higher priority (almost all) needs more cpu time the cache thread is "powered down".

So don't be confused about the Task-Manager display...  ;)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 200.2 ms (85 ms) · 39 database queries in 84 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 21:18:09 (UTC +00:00)