Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Shoutcast browsing
Can BrowseAmp look at shoutcast?
Peter (Guest) #1
No profile available.
Link to this post
Can you tell me if it's possible to browse Shoutcast and other internet radio stations through BrowseAMP?

This is a great solution for home automation - I'm going to use it with a WiFi handheld for anywhere control of my audio!
tara (Guest) #2
No profile available.
Link to this post
yes it will be a great solution
for all plugin or winamp exe program for control via browseamp
:-)

in future version maybe for open a winamp preferences page control ??

yesssssssss :-)

just do it !  :-D
Henry (Administrator) #3
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Browsing webpages is AFAIK not possible. But I'll do some research.

open a winamp preferences page
I don't think this is the purpose of BrowseAmp and there is even no API to modify all Winamp settigns. Use WinVNC instead.
Peter (Guest) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
Unlike the previous poster, I don't want to browse the preferences page, I just want to be able to select a Shoutcast stream to play thru WinAmp. 

The WinAmp 2.9 playlist browser lets you do this through it's interface but I have no idea how this is implemented and whether it is part of the API or a specially build widget.

Ideally in BrowseAmp it would be implemented a bit like the WinAmp playlist browser with the ability to select either "local media" or "internet radio" at the top level then select the files/stations from there.
Henry (Administrator) #5
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
How do you usually select a shoutcast source? With your webbrowser?

The latest BrowseAmp version has an edit field at the bottom of the browser page. There you can copy/paste/add a shoutcast source there.

edit: No edit field in the public release. Comes with the next version but I'll post it here later.
This post was edited on 2003-12-08, 08:06 by Unknown user.
Peter (Guest) #6
No profile available.
Link to this post
Right now I use the WinAmp Library (that's what I meant by "Playlist browser" - I couldn't remember what it was called before).

Ideally it would be great if you could browse the stations like you can with the Library, but if there is somewhere that you could add+save a station manually then that would be ok too - I believe the addresses of the stations are just a static URL.

I'll look forward to installing the new release!
yosoome (Guest) #7
No profile available.
Link to this post
save the address to the shoutcast station as a pls or m3u playlist file
Browseamp recognizes them, if they are in the default mp3 folder, and you can load it right up from there
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 146.2 ms (63.1 ms) · 52 database queries in 53 ms
Current time: 2018-02-21, 12:55:43 (UTC +00:00)