Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Features request RSS
Java MP3 player
kingnothing #1
Member since Oct 2003 · 4 posts · Location: Atlanta, GA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The main reason why I use Browseamp is to listen to my music whenever I'm using my school's computers. They don't have Winamp (or any other MP3 player for that matter) installed.

I found the jlGui Java Applet which is perfect for my needs as it just about every computer has the Java plugin installed.  It allows you to specify a playlist or individual mp3s from your web site or from any other place (you need to download the signed version for that). It also supports Shoutcast streams.

I had a little trouble installing this on my home computer, so I went ahead and uploaded it to my web server and I just pick up a Shoutcast stream coming out of my computer and control it using BrowseAMP.

Any chance you could include something like that built into the web server on the next version of BrowseAMP? I edited one of my skins to allow for a popup box, but it'd be wonderful if it would be included and it'd run off the same web server (it's GPL licensed).
King Nothing
http://www.kingnothing.com
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
I am not sure what feature you are requesting. Maybe I'm a bit slow today but can you please explain it once again.  :huh:
kingnothing #3
Member since Oct 2003 · 4 posts · Location: Atlanta, GA
Group memberships: Members
I'm just suggesting that you add a Java-based MP3/Shoutcast player to the BrowserAMP web server (something that can be loaded on any skin) for those who don't have access to Winamp or any other MP3/Shoutcast player on a public computer. That way you not only get to control Winamp from wherever you want using BrowseAMP, but you can also listen to it.

For example, have a button on one of the skins that pops up a window that loads the Java MP3 player. You control what songs you listen to and the song is played over your browser using the Java applet.

Hope that makes it simpler
King Nothing
http://www.kingnothing.com
Henry (Administrator) #4
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Think that has nothing to do with the BrowseAmp core. On a client machine you can launch whatever you want.

As you said, just embed the java applet in a skin. It will be loaded from the server as well as images or whatever.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 191.1 ms (86.3 ms) · 53 database queries in 77.9 ms
Current time: 2018-02-25, 05:40:51 (UTC +00:00)