Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General discussion RSS
Guest Account
Did I do this right?
kingnothing #1
Member since Oct 2003 · 4 posts · Location: Atlanta, GA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I'd like to create a guest account so people can browse through my music, but I don't want to let them do anything other than that. In other words, have any functions that could potentially expose my files to being deleted or downloaded as well as preventing anyone from controlling Winamp disabled.

I made a guest account using the "User management" interface and made sure to leave everything unchecked (except for the "grant access" times.) I tried modifying my playlist and switching tracks, but nothing happens. This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

I just want to make sure, is this the best way to create a guest account or is there something I may have missed as far as security issues, etc. goes?

Thanks!
King Nothing
http://www.kingnothing.com
Henry (Administrator) #2
Member since Jan 2003 · 865 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Yes you are right! And thats the only way to create a guest account.

Anyway there is actually(as in the future) no BrowseAmp function to delete files, so don't worry.  ;)
kingnothing #3
Member since Oct 2003 · 4 posts · Location: Atlanta, GA
Group memberships: Members
Great! Thanks!  I don't really have a reason to set up a guest account as it's not like my music collection is the best out there. It's more of a reason to show off just how cool BrowserAMP is.  :-D
King Nothing
http://www.kingnothing.com
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Page created in 133.4 ms (53 ms) · 48 database queries in 46.6 ms
Current time: 2018-08-16, 21:51:07 (UTC +00:00)